Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Oasis looks better this year

Last year's devastating cold in February really hurt the oasis. This winter was mild and I can already see the difference. Now if I can just keep it watered.




































Courtyard is greening up as you can see. I heard an Elf Owl in it at dusk tonight. Below is the Mexican Elder tree at the oasis. Looking good, all things considered.



























































This is the only cottonwood tree that looks alive. The growth is only on the upper portion of the tree but seems healthy enough. Below is one that is dead except possibly the trunk. I'm going to try to keep it alive, for now anyway.


































2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you Carolyn. I live in the Terlingua area and think I been down your way many years ago. I'm not sure though. My husband says there are 2 oasis in the area. All I remember is a rock house and a large pond/lack down a hill w/ many ducks. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Thank you for all your work.

    ReplyDelete