Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Miscellaneous photos

Since there are no birds, butterflies, or odonates around, what with the cool weather and freeze in the forecast, I've been indoors organizing photos, and other indoor stuff. Here are some photos I had meant to post but didn't get time. These first three are from the Chili Cookoff taken in the early 1970s by Glenn George, and posted here with his permission.

Hondo Crouch
Carroll Shelby



































Wick Fowler

Next is a photo of how my healthiest Texas Madrone (arbutus xalapensis) looks recently. The best I've ever had a madrone look.


We have this little love seat in the sitting room in Alpine, which I love because it gives us more space (than the big sofa did) to bring our plants indoors in cold weather. But the seat was a couple of inches too low, so today I got hubby to raise it up a few inches. 

November 2013

November 2014


3 comments:

  1. I think I was at that chili cook-off! Anyway, I think you mean Hondo Crouch (with an "R"), the "mayor" of Lukenbach, TX. What a character. I haven't thought about Hondo for years. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the correction. You are absolutely right.

    ReplyDelete