Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, March 27, 2015

A long day

Got up at 5 AM and arrived at CMO before daylight. Did what I could in the dark, then when it got light out I finished filling feeders, then watered a few things before heading back to town to take my husband to the doctor. About a month ago he pulled a muscle in his neck and goes for steroids and whatever. Glad I'm never going to get old. My son is out of town so I had to go get his wife a prescription last night. They know me well at the prescription shop.

I need to go back to CMO and water things thoroughly. This time of year I start watering twice weekly, but I haven't even watered once in the last week. Tomorrow I'll ride down with Kelly to help him band. I've been having birders visit nearly daily, but haven't been able to enjoy sharing the place with them either. At least they're still getting to see the Lucifer Hummingbirds. Soon that'll end when the ocotillo start blooming.

I didn't have time to look for flowers and butterflies. I saw where the javelina (I presume) tried to dig up the seed feeder, but I think I have them thwarted. I hope.


Notice the 3 stakes where they were digging (The center one is like a long bolt and the outer ones are rebar. I scrounge around for whatever I can find).

I hurriedly took photos of two white flowers because I had thought they were both Bicolor Mustard but after looking at similar white flowers posted on West Texas Xeriscape Gardener's facebook page, I question my ID. I'm getting confused now (for the first time ever in my life) and wondering if this first one is Spectacle Pod. 


And this other one I now see is different so I have no idea what it is.


When I get the white flowers sorted out and labeled, I'm going to tackle the yellow ones. There are well over a dozen different species of them. 



Not sure how many purple species, but at least half a dozen. It'll keep my busy, OK overwhelmed, until dragonflies start showing up. Still none yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment