Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Another triple-digit day

My friend, Bonnie Wunderlich, photographed this cool lizard at her house some miles to the south of my oasis. I think it's a Round-tailed Horned Lizard, but could be wrong.


I'm always trying to photograph the Lesser Nighthawks that spend breeding seasons at the oasis. So far this is the best I've been able to do. They don't slow down for the camera.
























Here's a better look at the thatching the Blue Grosbeak has incorporated into her nest (see yesterday's post). I've never seen such extensive use of what I believe is sotol in a nest. Below are a couple of photos of a sotol stalk  We had a good crop of them this year.

























UPDATE: That may be a Common Nighthawk and not a Lesser.


1 comment:

  1. Ms. Carolyn, are you OK? Haven't heard anything from you in a week now, Just checking.
    Robert Mace

    ReplyDelete