Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

It must be spring

Just when I thought the wind had abated it cranked up again. Changing feeders again. 👅 I sure hope these are our March winds and we don't have to endure March winds again this year.

Naturally things are bleak at the oasis, other than plenty of bees on the feeders. A lost Eastern Phoebe stopped by, but when I tried to get closer for a shot, it departed. This is all I could get.


The temperature is nice and warm though, so a few butterflies braved the wind. I guess they're enticed by the verbena (Glandularia Wrightii)

Southern Dogface

Sleepy Orange
The Peregrine Falcons started nesting way early this year. I hear them and never see them, but today I got a distant look at what I think is a Peregrine. I'm not good at identifying distant raptors, so please correct me if I'm wrong.


If spring really does come a month early this year I can expect Lucifers within the week.😀


2 comments:

  1. Looks like a Red-tail. Enjoy the warmth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered about that. It seemed one wing was real pointed and the other was more like a Red-tailed. Thanks for IDing it for me.

      Delete