Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, November 6, 2017

Trip to Albuquerque

Still no sign of bear at CMO Sunday when I headed to Alpine. Then this morning we left Alpine to go to Hugh's brother's memorial service in Albuquerque, NM. The trip went fine and it helped that I brought a crossword book. Makes traveling time pleasant instead of miserable. I told my niece at the bookstore to pick me out the hardest one. Boy, be careful what you ask for. After no progress in 5 hours on the first of the 50 crosswords, I gave up and started the second. Still on it, but it's doable at least. I couldn't pick out my own book because the bookstore in Alpine isn't open on Sunday, so I had to call Hugh to go pick up what my niece, Julie, chose on Saturday. She did good. I've got a lifetime supply of traveling puzzles now at the rate I'm going.

We arrived to Los Lunas where we had reservations at a Days Inn there. Hugh didn't want to go any farther tonight. We'll navigate the city in the morning before the service and then head back toward Alpine. I'll probably have to help drive back because Hugh doesn't hold up as good in the evening.

At the motel there happened to be a guy traveling across the country on a solar-powered electric bicycle. Rather interesting, I thought.


For more about his journey go to http://www.solarbike66.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment