Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, December 31, 2018

Time goes too fast

I hate to see the year be over. I'll never get to live 2018 again. Just have to make sure 2019 is even better. In spite of the cold weather I came to the oasis today. Last New Year's Eve I swore not to endure a sleepless night of fireworks and agitated dogs howling in Alpine again. I look forward to a great night's sleep tonight.

My niece and her husband are in the area so I shamelessly asked them to drag a couple of sections of a utility pole to the oasis. It's one my sons cut down when they were here Thanksgiving. My niece has a "mule" that can go off-road. I'm pretty sure they enjoyed playing with it.


So that's another step done in expanding the parking area by a few feet.


Now I need to get some fill dirt in front of it so the parking lot will be more level. Either that or cut down the high area. Or both.

I think this bird is an Audubon's Warbler. Just couldn't get a decent shot of it in the brush and at a distance.



"Myrtle's" Yellow-rumped Warblers have the white throat but more of an eye-line. I think it's an "Audubon's" Yellow-rumped.


No comments:

Post a Comment