Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

The number 9

Greeting another year that ends with 9 brings to my mind the other years I've lived that ended with 9.

1949: I was 9 yrs old. My mom gave me a bible that year. The only gift I remember that she ever gave me.


1959: The year I gave birth to my son, Eric.

1969: Working all the time to raise my 4 kids. Not taking time to cherish and appreciate them the way I so wish I had. Hard years then.

1979: Finished my home in the Christmas Mountains.


1989: Years where I worked in the city and had a caretaker looking after the house.

1999: Fourth year of working on creating the oasis habitat with my wonderful late husband, Sherwood.


2009: First year of helping Kelly with hummingbird banding, which consumed the next 8 yrs.


2019: New year not off to a good start. The well pump isn't working. A big expense ahead. I checked and the pump is five years old. Should last longer than that since I seldom use it. I'm considering just abandoning it and using rain water at the house. Weather is cold. Came to town and staying indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment