Pages

Saturday, September 19, 2026

Latest bear antic!

I wouldn't have known the bear was even around if I hadn't discovered a heavy gas pump had been turned over. Only a human or bear could have done it, and I'm positive no person did it. Here is how it normally looks.

 


And here's how I found it today. It was hard for me to drag the pump back to where it belonged.



Got to the oasis this afternoon to get ready to water tomorrow. Always a killer. I had a helper planned, but he had a family emergency, so I'm on my own. I should be fine. I'll do what I can in the morning, then take a nap, and finish up in the afternoon like I always do. Maybe I'll see some good birds while I'm at it. Here are a couple of photos I snapped this afternoon.


Juvenile male Ruby-throated Hummingbird

Juvenile male Rufous Hummingbird


Google informed me that in the process of maintenance my videos will be removed from my blog in 30 days, but I can add them in again. That means going through 2779 posts and figuring out which videos go where. Don't have it in me to do that. Nothing is forever!


3 comments:

  1. Those are great pics of the hummers and we have all enjoyed your photos over the years Carolyn! You’re right, nothing is forever. And that darn bear can go jump in the lake!😆

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes creatures just don’t see things the way we do,. When ever I water my gardens it’s an invitation for armadillos to dig!

    I’

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos Carolyn! The bears are back!!! Gosh, I miss that area every day.

    ReplyDelete