Pages

▼

Monday, July 16, 2018

Vacation's almost over

My husband is coming back from his family's Colorado vacation today. He didn't feel able to go trout fishing, and not permitted to build a campfire, so hope he enjoyed the antics of his grandkids and great-grandson.


And I should get my pickup back later this week, so life should settle back down to normal, whatever "normal" is.

I didn't know he was coming back today and I came down to CMO to water. Not going to go back to town until I do, so won't be back until some time tomorrow afternoon.

I lucked onto a new ode for the oasis, a Southwestern form of Eastern Ringtail. This is a female. They're fairly common, just haven't had one at the oasis before.


All along the arroyo the soapberries are blooming. I love them because they planted themselves and I don't water them.


And I also love these acacias that don't have thorns. I think they're Schott's Acacia, but not positive. Maybe it's Huisache. Whatever it is, I didn't have to plant or water it.




No comments:

Post a Comment