Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, August 13, 2011

No rain, but cooler

It rained all around me, as usual. But a sprinkle did spill over my way. A visitor to my oasis took this photo of it. Maybe if you click to enlarge you might see the rain drops falling on my head.


Below is my sweet fun visitor, Bob Hamill of Austin. He enjoyed my parched oasis so much yesterday that he came back today. Go figure!


We saw a pair of Dickcissels, my first for the year. One was minus its tail.


Below is the radar map showing where it rained today. My artfully drawn arrow points to the general vicinity of where my place is situated.


And so you can further share my pain, below is a photo taken looking southwest of my place around the time of this radar, which would be 4:34 PM, our CST. That yellow spot to the southwest of my place on the radar map is probably the storm cell shown in my photo.


What with Bob visiting and the promise of rain I didn't  go to the lodge for water, but I'll head out first thing in the morning. At least it wasn't much above 90° today for a welcome change.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Carolyn,
    We share in your pain. Let the rains come sooner. Your courage is awesome. I have been following the story line on your oasis and it is remarkable.Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete