Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Birder of the day

Heidi Trudell wins the "birder of the day" award for finding a Black-chinned Sparrow at the oasis. I wonder how long it has been here. He was chasing other birds away from the water tank and acting rather territorial. First one seen here in quite some time. Hope he sticks around through migration so more people can enjoy him. Thanks Heidi! 































I was lucky to even get a photo of him. He was way across the tank and mostly moved around inside the brush.

This Claret Cup Cactus seems to promise wonderful things to come. I had originally planted it in shade because I saw some gorgeous ones growing in the Chisos in shade. But it soon became apparent that it wasn't going to thrive where I had it, so last year I moved it into the sun. It's obviously going to put on a beautiful show before long. My camera will be there.



No comments:

Post a Comment