Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Extreme nature of nature

From lovely weather to a Blue Norther in a blink. I don't remember that happening before when everything was still so lush and green.

It was unbearable to contemplate my precious flower bushes freezing, so I rushed around until dark last night covering as many of them as I could, with anything I could find. Why, you ask? Good question. I guess just so I can enjoy them a few weeks longer. I know it's not realistic to think that I can save them until spring unless I was down here 24-7, which can't happen. If we hadn't gotten all that rain a few weeks ago, things might not have been (past tense here) so lush, thus not as painful to watch.




Even the lone hummer that usually hides out high in the trees is staying close to the ground near the most protected feeder. I couldn't get a sharp photo of it. I think the camera was too cold. Or maybe I was.

Female Anna's Hummingbird down low in Mexican Buckeye bush
It got down to 23° here last night. Now I have to stay here until danger of frost passes so I can uncover things. Maybe sometime tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment