Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, April 3, 2015

CMO goings on today

Birders in spring plumage put in a good showing today; birds not so much. One lovely couple claimed to be wearing the world's most expensive birding vests. I'll take their word for it. (It was really sweet of them to pose for me.)


Jim Hailey, out-going Texas Ornithological Society president, got his first Lucifer Hummingbird photos at CMO today. Everyone had a good time.


The bird most interesting for me personally was a male Ruby-throated Hummingbird. I don't get them here very often in the spring. This one was very uncooperative but I finally got a quick documentary-only shot.


And even though Pipevine Swallowtail is a very common butterfly species at CMO, this one was so gorgeously sunning itself that I couldn't resist taking lots of photos of it. It's beauty is not diminished because I've posted many photos of it before.


And finally, a cute little Orange Skipperling. I might have mistaken it for a flower, so still was it in the mallow, except that I have never seen mallow with that color bloom before.



No comments:

Post a Comment