Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, May 4, 2015

Photos from today

The interminable weekend finally passed. This morning my husband took me as far as the dirt road in our town car and my sister picked me up there. Then he went back to town and bought me a 2011 Ford Ranger with over 100,000 miles on it, but whatever. As long as he pays the mechanic bills to keep it running, I can't complain. I just need wheels. I thought he'd buy the pickup before bringing me down here, but he said that would make him feel pressured. Whatever.

I had to water trees so didn't get hardly any birding done, but will have birders here all day tomorrow so we should find some good stuff. I found a White-throated Sparrow but could not manage a photo until it plopped into the water and got all wet. I don't like photos of wet birds. But ebird flagged the sighting so I had to take what I could get. I'm hoping to see it again tomorrow. I had one overwinter here either last year or the year before.


Lots of butterflies, but nothing new or interesting.

The acacias are now ready for warblers, but I didn't see a one today. Surely tomorrow.

Fragrant Mimosa

Berlander Acacia

Catclaw Acacia

Goldenball Leadtree
Black Mulberries
Western Tanager eating mulberry

No comments:

Post a Comment