Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Day of the Moon

The prehistoric people of the Big Bend, ancestors to today's Tarahumara Indians of Mexico, called night "the day of the moon."* Seemed fitting this evening with the spectacular eclipse. I did my darnedest to get decent photos. There are great ones online so with my first hand sighting and their photos I have a pretty lasting impression of it. The evening started with a lovely sunset...


Soon followed by the moonrise....


And then the real show began..




I keep forgetting to post a photo of my newly made concrete pad in the viewing area, so I snapped a quick shot of it before dark today. It works better for banding now.


___________________________________

* I'm thinking that to their way of speaking, it would be like "time of the moon vs time of the sun." To us, it's "night-time vs day-time."

2 comments:

  1. Nice sunset and moon shots! Is that mountain on your property? It makes a nice foreground for these type shots.

    Vern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vern That mountain actually is not on my property but very close.

    ReplyDelete