Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Serious trail progress today

I had just about finished stepping* this slope when my two sisters, Ann and Julia, joined me.



We worked another two hours and made terrific progress. It was great fun even though we all have some joint issues. Mine are my knees. Even when the trail is done I'm not sure how much use I'll be able to get from it. But who knows, maybe my knees will improve or maybe I'll get new knees someday.


Ann has had two back surgeries. She can't do the hoe or pick but she uses a rock hammer to peck the high side, rocks, and outline the trail, which is very helpful. I could never stoop like she does. It would kill my knees. Julie can do the hoe but when it comes to needing the pick, I'm the only one that can do that. Fortunately, on this stretch is wasn't needed but a couple of times.

Julia, left; Ann, right.
* I looked it up, it can mean "to make or arrange in a manner of a series of steps."

2 comments:

  1. You girls are somethin else.I don't think I could hold up that well. Robert Mace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men are always tougher than women. But you can come help and see. We only hold out for a couple of hours. Notice we're in the early morning shade from the mountain too.

    ReplyDelete