Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, July 2, 2016

Surprise butterfly today

Today was an annual July 4th BBQ that my husband and I attend every year at a friend's house. While I was chowing down on the BBQ a very interesting butterfly flitted past the shindig. I managed to take off after it with the only camera I had with me, my little Lumix. Really hated not having my Canon after I located the critter in a neighbor's yard at some lantana. I quickly scooted a chair over to the dividing concrete wall and hung over it, taking as many photos as I could. None turned out satisfactory, even though the butterfly was very cooperative. Only, if, if... But at least I documented it, a lovely Zebra Heliconian. I had seen one before in Austin (last year) but never expected to see it in Alpine. Guess I need to pay more attention to yards in town from now on.


Here is the neighbor's yard I located it in. See if you can find the Zebra Heliconian in the lantana. (You'll have to click on it to enlarge.)



No comments:

Post a Comment