Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Enduring the heat

Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler and a chance of rain all next week, so just having to get through these last 3 days of triple-digit heat.

A couple of days ago we went to the park looking for Blue-throated Hummingbirds since Mac had never seen one. He took this photo of me totally unbeknownst to me. I'm usually pretty aware of what's going on around me, so I was really surprised.


We did find at least one Blue-throated. Since I hadn't lugged my Canon, my pics weren't very good. Probably wouldn't have been if I had lugged it either. This is it. The bird only perched way up in a tree.


The new tower along Terlingua Ranch road seems to be finished, but my cell phone still doesn't work there, so I'm not sure what the deal is. I think they just don't have the system operational yet.

Can't wait to get back to CMO tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carolyn,
    Maybe not up to your standards but still a good shot of the hummer.
    Also, John from "The Field Lab" noted in a post that the tower was for land lines and internet, not cell phones. I have no idea myself. We are both hoping for rain the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had heard that it was for internet. Don't see how they can need it for land lines, but what do I know. Also heard that there's room on the tower for cell service if a cell company buys (or leases?) it, so I was hoping. I don't understand technology but I would think it would be important to have cell service there. Everyone already had internet and land lines, I thought. Oh well, if not now, soon.

      Delete