Today was a killer day. The bobcat rental doesn't open until 8 AM, and by the time my son (Eric) got it loaded on his trailer, and we got to the oasis, it was after 10:30. Already extremely hot. By 2 PM, I had walked up the big hill to rake where he had dumped dirt, and the 105° + heat was too much for me. I had to stay in the truck with the AC on until Eric could go no longer at 4 PM. There was just no shade anywhere, even though I wore a hat, and drank lots of water. When I'm at the oasis in that kind of heat, I'm fine. There's always shade. I would have been fine if I hadn't started raking after the tough climb up the hill in the heat of the day.
This is the area of road I had to straddle the deep rut in yesterday (See previous post)
Hopefully the road will be better for awhile. I still recommend good clearance to do it though.


No comments:
Post a Comment