Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, April 29, 2012

A few birds from today

I was fascinated by a Savannah Sparrow today. I've seen tons of them before, but none with as much yellow on the face as this one. It's fun to finally see one that looks like the guide. Usually, the Savannah's I see don't have a detectable trace of yellow on them, and I wondered why the guides show them that way. Now I know.


Also saw this Mourning Dove that had me check my guide. I guess it's a juvenile.


A few days ago I hung another thistle feeder. It's taking the birds a while to get used to it. This American Goldfinch hesitated a long time before it made the leap.


New feeder is on the left.



2 comments:

  1. Carolyn, Thank you so much for the awesome time at your Oasis. All the hard work you put into keeping your Oasis alive in a severe drought is inspirational. And thanks again for your hospitality and letting me borrow your lens for some quality photos. Your oasis is a must stop for me whenever I visit Big Bend country. I hope to visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your visit and look forward to seeing the shots you got of the Elf Owl. Come visit again anytime.

    ReplyDelete