Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Davis Mountains Preserve (continuation)

There were hundreds, probably thousands, of AZ Sisters butterflies at the preserve yesterday.


And Two-tailed Swallowtails were easy to locate and photograph there, although not quite as abundant as the sisters were.


I attribute a great deal of the butterfly activity to the profusely blooming horsemint. It was everywhere.

Queen on horsemint

Devil's Claw was abundant but I didn't notice butterflies at it. Not sure what this next plant is, maybe some kind of blue dayflower.


And finally, here's an enigmatic butterfly. Brian thinks it's an intergrade between a Common and a Tropical Buckeye.


And I think, "once an artist, always an artist." So I photo-shopped the above photo just for the fun of it. Maybe I have too much time on my hands. LOL




No comments:

Post a Comment