Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Stucco tank leaking again

If it's not one thing, it's two others. I was devastated to arrive at the oasis to discover the stucco tank was down 6" in the four days I was gone. There is nothing I can do to patch it until it gets empty this winter. Thereafter I'll have to ration water drastically. What is, is. This new influx of water must have found a weak spot. Just hope it doesn't get any worse.

Compared to the leak, losing an elm tree is nothing. My biggest one just up and died after the big rain last week. Oh, well, I don't mind losing it that much.


I pumped out what was left in the upper dirt tank but am holding off until tomorrow on moving water into the stucco tank. Want to take more accurate measurements overnight. If the lower dirt tank holds better than the stucco tank, I'll just leave the water there.

I took a stupid fall today. Landed hard on knees and elbows on my concrete floor. Seem to be OK except one knee is a little swollen and stiff. Glad that's all the damage. Hearing about everyone else in my age group having all these horrible falls gives me pause. I've got to stop doing that.

On our weekend trip to Seminole I managed to find a few dragonflies to photograph. Enjoyed hearing Bobwhite Quail calling. Hadn't heard them for years. They were too elusive for me to get photos though.

I guess this photo is of a juvenile spreadwing damselfly, taken yesterday in Andrews, TX. Haven't got it ID'd yet.


All in all, not a great day, but could have been worse.



No comments:

Post a Comment