Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, November 20, 2015

Time to winterize

For nearly two weeks we've been promised a freeze but it hasn't happened yet. I'm sure it'll be tonight or tomorrow night though, so I went and did what winterizing needed to be done at CMO. Nothing going on there and until the tanks fill up, maybe not before next summer, I'm on strict water rationing.

The biggest madrone tree has the most berries on that it's ever had. Can't see them much on this photo, but they're there. Birds are noticing.


And the most amazing thing! When I went up to winterize my sister's guesthouse her Indian Paintbrush patch was blooming like crazy. Never saw anything like it.




Brian, I did look for caterpillars on it. None. Speaking of Brian and caterpillars, his Ornythion Swallowtail cat is adorable. It's pupating and will be a pupa in a few hours.


I'm going to be devastated if it doesn't survive.


No comments:

Post a Comment