Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, December 15, 2014

Oranges

I felt happilated to get back to the oasis after being gone more consecutive days than normal. The most noticeable thing is the quiet. I just revel in the stillness.

Three of the oranges on the indoor tree were splitting open so I had to pick and eat them. They weren't as tart as those from last year. Really very juicy and tasty.


I think the reason they split is because I lavished so much water on the roots while the fruit was subjected to very dry air most of the time.

Things are still dead here and I still don't have my big lens, but good things are ahead. For one thing, within a week the days will start getting longer. That always cheers me up.


2 comments:

  1. Carolyn I think the split is a deficiency issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I never thought of that. Should I fertilize them? If so, with what, and when? Could it be a deficiency of sunlight?

      Delete