Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, January 16, 2015

CMO's tiny pleasures

Finally had a decent day, so I came to the oasis. I was afraid after sitting around for so long I'd be too out of shape to work, but once I got my adrenalin going, I was good to go.

Discovered about 10 tiny Standing Cypress sprouts coming up in my flower beds, to my delight. I'll refrain from posting pics of all of them. Standing Cypress flowers make lovely red blooms, but only bloom the second year. So these won't bloom until next year.


I felt like I have enough water stored that I can water the reeds in the wildlife pond occasionally. A real luxury.


Here's some mistletoe that seem to have grown on catclaw acacia. I don't think it normally does, but this bush is next to a water feature. I imagine birds perch on the acacia bush while coming in to water, thus spreading the seeds. Especially Phainopeplas. Exciting to me. For the record, mistletoe has never killed any of my trees, even during the drought of 2011, and it is evergreen. And I do love Phainopeplas.


Here's how I usually observe mistletoe. This one is on Netleaf Hackberry.




No comments:

Post a Comment