Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Itching to take photos

I had to photograph something (that's how I "self-soothe," or on a bad day, destress) so I shot tons of pics of my over-wintering Gray Catbird that was being very cooperative today.


Also vying for attention was this cute little Lincoln's Sparrow. Down the hatch with the bird corn.


Of course the oasis will always be a work-in-progress. That's just the nature of a man-made habitat. I'm trying a larger seed feeder in front by the viewing area. It holds 55 gallons. The one way up in the air required a ladder for me to fill and attracted more doves than anything else. I'll see how this one does. It was up by the house for years and didn't seem to attract doves, so I'm ever hopeful.

The Brown Thrasher is still present but not cooperative. The feeder below is the one at the shaded water feature. It just holds 5 gallons, and only lasts 4 days.


Tomorrow banding at Lajitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment