Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Today was..........different

We went banding at Lajitas expecting lots of Anna's Hummingbirds since I'd seen a bunch when I checked last week. But most of them had moved on. We did get a couple of unexpected Allen's to salvage the day.

Fourth trailer load hauled to dumping site

Back in town we hauled off the rest of our tree limbs from the ice storm, then I tried to photograph a hummer here that may also be an Allen's. But without a near perfect photo, or trapping it, can't be sure. Maybe Kelly will come try to catch it.


While I was camped in a chair outside trying to photograph it better, I heard a Western Scrub-Jay, which was a surprise. It perched briefly on top of a pine tree in the distance, and then was gone, so I didn't get good shots of it. At least enough to tell what it is.


After not having electricity since last Friday morning at the oasis, my sister called to tell me it's finally on at nearly 7 PM this evening. And my lens filter arrived in the mail today, so I'm back in business.


No comments:

Post a Comment