Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Mexican Blue Oaks

Until someone mentioned today in a previous post comment about my relict oaks, I had forgotten that I had promised to post photos of ours. I searched all my files and could only locate this photo (filed under Lucifer Hummingbird nests, would you believe?). If I can't find better ones, I'll take some in the spring. The second photo is a close-up from the first photo. There are probably a dozen of the oaks there of various sizes, the tallest being maybe 15-20,' but I'm not a good judge of height. Lucifers nest in that area.



Here they are from a greater distance.



2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Thanks for posting these Carolyn. I look forward to getting out there and seeing them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope they survived last year's drought.

    ReplyDelete