Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Perpetual bear dismay

This morning I went to transfer water from the new tank. I need to do that until a monsoon fills my below ground level tanks. I turned on the valve which is connected to a temporary 2" [expensive] hose.  When no water came out the other end I went and checked to discover the bear had chewed up that hose. It reminds me of the dismay from feral hogs ruining everything, which thankfully haven't found the oasis yet. Even though the bear hasn't been around for a few days, I live in fear of it what it'll destroy next.



I contacted TP&W hoping they'll come and trap the bear. And hopefully while there's still something left to salvage. Very discouraging.

My two sisters and I went up the mountain this morning hoping to find interesting flowers. We got one new species for our places. I'm quite positive we'll never go up again. Ann and I (in long pants) turned back at the saddle. The other sister and her daughter went on without us. But we think we did good for almost 80 and 81.


Here's the new species, Narrowleaf Moonpod.


No comments:

Post a Comment