Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Taking advantage of perfect weather

I watered today even though it could have waited a few more days, but the weather is just so great! First thing this morning I saw two Phainopeplas, male and female.



Later I saw a Cardinal that I first saw yesterday but couldn't get a photo of yesterday.



I tweaked a bit on the water feature. Looking better to me, but want to do a little more to it yet. Mostly, I just want to camouflage that rock my sisters put on recently so the javelina can't root around. 



I was shocked to see several White-crowned Sparrows splashing so vigorously in the water feature that the whole area got soaked. Hadn't figured that into the water usage situation.


Surprised to see a Powdered Dancer this late in the year. Things are real slow. Have to work at tallying 20 species of birds every day.




2 comments:

  1. The esthetics of the water feature aren't bothering me, just as they aren't bothering the white crowned sparrows. But I do understand making it javelina proof. Which would, as you say, require rocks heavier than you can deal with. Or me. Or one guy, actually. Unless a world champion weight lifter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The artist in me demands things to be esthetically pleasing. Just a couple more tweaks and I'll be satisfied.

      Delete