Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Blooms, but not many birds

It's been brought to my attention that I haven't blogged in well over two weeks. For anyone that's concerned because of that, all is well here. Weather has been great; cooler and occasional light showers. Nothing interesting going on, just same nesting species and plenty of things blooming. Oasis looks lovely! 


Sea Urchin (coryphantha echinus)


Cactus Wren nest-building

Any day now migrant hummers will start showing up and before I know it fall migration will be in full swing.


I can't complain about my health. It's good for an 84 year old. At this stage of my life, I'm losing peers, friends, and relatives. Two brothers and one son are dealing with prostate cancer. My ailments are very minor, so I'm grateful for that!


8 comments:

  1. So glad you are well. I enjoy your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I check this blog almost everyday!

      Delete
  2. Carolyn, you are a tough bird! Ok, all you birders...Put Carolyn down as a lifer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep on keepin’ on Carolyn, nice to get an update. Great shot of one of my very fave birds, the Cactus wren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the update, Carolyn. My friends and I were just wondering about you today and then we saw your post. Thanks for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy you are well and Oasis is flourishing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm about to be 72. I retired and went back to work. I live and work two jobs in one of busiest corridors in the country between Austin and San Antonio. Your blog offers so much peace and tranquility. I can almost hear that Cactus Wren calling. Reminding me of my childhood when I used to live in the country. Thank you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad for your health and the rain for the oasis.

    ReplyDelete