Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Finally a few more warblers

I hated having to come to Alpine this afternoon to catch up on things here. Before I left I saw warblers, without even looking for any. No telling what's there if I really looked. Here's a MacGillivray's Warbler I managed a quick shot at.


I saw a Gray Catbird but didn't have a chance to get photos.

Another fun group visited this morning and I shared their great lunch while watching great birds with great weather. Oh, that it could have been this lovely two days ago when there were over 30 birders here. My long time friend, Bill Lindemann (3rd from the left with his wife, Janet beside him) brought the group. I don't really remember anyone else's name, sorry, but I loved them all anyway. A rose without a name remembered is still a rose.


When I arrived in Alpine my husband (who lives in Alpine) told me a duck was setting in the duck nest I made some time ago (see photo posted 3/28). I was disappointed it wasn't the Mexican Ducks that have taken up residence here. It's a domestic mallard runner, or something like that. But it's still exciting to have a duck nesting in it and it'll be so fun if we end up with baby ducks. Next year, if I can keep my husband from mowing around the ponds, the Mexican Ducks might nest.



No comments:

Post a Comment