Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Another morning in paradise

I usually don't get to spend so much time enjoying my oasis but my husband is on a fishing trip. I saw a flock of about 25 White-throated Swifts circling the pond and taking turns drinking like they normally do, but they're too fast for my camera to focus on any of them. Same with the displaying Lucifer Hummingbirds.

I got so tired of taking Phainopepla photos I decided to try for some Phainopepla-eating-berry shots. Here are the results.

With one eye watching for the mulberry police, he looks for a ripe berry with the other eye.

It's nearly impossible to get a clear shot. They're always so hidden inside the tree.


And then when he's finished he carefully cleans his beak with his napkin. We call it a tree limb.


Ready for the next berry.



No comments:

Post a Comment