Click any photo to enlarge

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Brrr!

The Violet-crowned Hummingbird is still here. The feeders were slushy to frozen this morning at 24°


I had left my camera in the pickup all night and it wasn't working right due to the freezing temperatures, therefore the poor quality shot. 

6 PM UPDATE

I stayed indoors all day after confirming the VCHU was still here. At 3:30 I went to the oasis to see what the high temperature for the day would be (40°), and to my dismay, the Violet-crowned was not there. I hung around until nearly 6 PM and no sign of it. I hope it found a warmer place to spend the night. Just in case, I put a heat lamp under its favorite feeder.

The above Violet-crowned photo may turn out to be the last photo of that gorgeous bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment