Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Hog butchering (not for the squeamish)

Feral hogs are the best meat I've ever eaten, but processing the meat is a pain. We did two this morning and we're both exhausted.

                                         
                                   

I have a chance to snap photos while my husband is resting, otherwise I have to hold the carcass still while he butchers.


After I hose the meat off good we put it in the refrigerator to cut up and package another day.


And now for a nap. Oasis in the morning.


2 comments:

  1. It IS good meat. I've had it a time or two. But without my own labor. That's a bit of work there......Hope you both recover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, we're fine. It's normal for us to exhaust ourselves at least once a week.

      Delete