Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, April 1, 2021

Feels more normal

With spring migration getting underway it's great to see a more normal oasis... even vehicles in the parking area, unlike last spring.



I know my little pickup looks puny alongside the regular vehicles, but it brought the two water tanks down from Alpine this morning.


I tried to take it easy today but I still relapsed. Have a sinus infection too. I came back to town this evening hoping I'd be more likely to rest here.

Mike and Cecilia worked hard all day putting the facing on the blind. Looking good! Cecilia held the boards in place while Mike screwed them into the metal framework.


This afternoon the National Geographic film crew came and filmed Lucifer Hummingbirds. I hope they get some great display footage.


The rain catchment system isn't installed yet. It's supposed to help provide water for the new water feature that's going to be installed soon. (Next three photos by Mike Gray)


Two Scott's Orioles both seemed to be claiming the oasis as their territory. Since they look identical, we won't know which one won.


Claret Cup not yet in full bloom

No comments:

Post a Comment