Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, April 23, 2021

Son's progress

You may remember that a year or so ago my son, Leonardo, moved from Austin to Alpine, with the intention of soon retiring to the oasis and help me there. It's too much for me to take care of by myself anymore.


So he bought an extreme fixer upper mobile home which I've posted some photos of the work he's done on the interior. But the roof damage was so bad he decided to put a roof over the trailer. He installed the posts and built metal trusses alone without help. Today he installed the trusses by himself in a raging wind. He plans to lease the place out when he moves to the oasis.* (I've vacated the house and it's waiting on him.)




Next comes the metal roofing. To be continued....

Meanwhile, at the oasis, migration is continuing along. Sufficient birds to keep the birders happy.



_____________________________

*He sold his Austin home and wants to invest the money in rental property in Alpine to supplement the sign making that he wants to get set up to do at the oasis property. He's so talented that he can't fail to succeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment