Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, July 31, 2021

Excitement building

I'm excited for migrants to start arriving any day. The oasis is ready for them. To add to the fun, I ordered a couple of new hummingbird feeders that I plan to hang at the ponds in town during the festival next month. Haven't done that before. It might attract some rarities. Plus these new feeders have near vertical feeding ports which birds favor. 



Tomorrow I'm going to the oasis to service feeders and maybe find some neat odes. The mosquitoes are sure to have arrived by now.


Here's the latest article that has a blurb about me in it. If you don't want to read the whole thing, it's the paragraph below the photo of a jay with food in its beak.


https://www.texasobserver.org/small-birds-in-big-bend/?fbclid=IwAR0Q-i_Y-XC-xHsAuoQjD6YfBI4puHn9F--H0-QiqV-XBT29wlIn9tvYdDs


Summer has been dreary so far, but with what water I have and imminent migration, it's going to be fun!


2 comments:

  1. So, you have "constellations" of bird feeders. As an astrophotographer I much appreciate the picture it paints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a big chuckle out of that too. Actually, I think it kind of cool writing!

    ReplyDelete