Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Great weather today

Driving down from Alpine I saw a fire on Cienega Mountain (south of Cathedral Mountain).

The electric company is still working in my area. I'll be so glad when they're through and no equipment going up and down the road, and some quiet.... The new heavier cable sure stands out in the early morning light.


There have been a pair of Phainopeplas hanging around the oasis these days. I sure would love for them to nest here. I couldn't get a shot of the female except looking into the sun, and at the far distance she was, this photo is documentary only.


2 comments:

  1. Only have seen them once in Abq - very cool birds. The same morning I saw the male, my wife saw the female just an hour later - she told me of the most *unusual bird* she has seen.

    ReplyDelete