Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hard at work

At the crack of dawn we got to work, and worked until lunch time. Thereafter it was too hot to work. Made a good start, I'd say one third of the project. If our bodies will just hold out for the rest. Here is Jane cleaning the surface. It's impossible to work on a steep concrete surface that has dirt on it. Quick way to end up in the mud.


 There's less than a foot of water in the tank right now.




Late in the afternoon we sat and watched this flycatcher. I think it's a Willow, though there were several other empidinax species around and it does getting confusing.


And I saw a female Townsend's Warbler looking mighty fit that was probably the same individual I saw on May 29th (see post for that day) near exhaustion. This was the only shot I got of it today. She was very active, unlike the other day when I could take as many closeups as I wanted to.




No comments:

Post a Comment