Click any photo to enlarge

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Some progress being made

I coerced my son, Eric Faust (builder and owner of Alpine Furniture Store), to go from Alpine today and fix my pumps. He's a genius and can fix anything, even computers.


So now both my tanks have working pumps in them, just no water. Can't have everything.

 While I was rushing around filling feeders and helping locate the stuff Eric needed, I spotted a Greater Roadrunner on its nest. All I saw at first was the tail.



Tomorrow my husband is going down with me to help clean out the big tank and patch bad spots on the road. It'll be too hot for us to work after lunch, but we're leaving early to get as much morning cool as possible.  It's going to be grueling work for me. I'll be shoveling dried silt into the bobcat bucket, and later driving the dump truck to dump dirt on the road. I'll be trading the shovel for a rake before it's over. No air-conditioning in the truck either. I'll try to take a few photos to post tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You are totally amazing. I'm tired from just hauling water, weeding, and potting up a few plants.

    ReplyDelete