Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bay-breasted Warbler in Marathon

Another life bird sighting today. Matt York works at the Gage Hotel in Marathon where he discovered a Bay-breasted Warbler yesterday. Today I managed to get a few photos of it high in the canopy of a tree in spite of my vertigo which made my world spin whenever I looked up at it.


Matt and Heidi are awesome birders. So wonderful to have them nearby. I look forward to many more fun birding times with them.



Matt has determined this bird to be a juvenile male. Fall Bay-breasted Warblers are notoriously difficult to ID. I'd like to get better photos if it sticks around.



4 comments:

  1. Hi Carolyn,
    Those are some great photos, congratulations on your lifer!
    Lora
    San Antonio, Tx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to share one heck of a great bird out here with you. I enjoyed our late-morning.

    We'll see about tomorrow and the cold snap. I'll have to be out there, the bird ... likely not.

    Happy Winter Wren, too!

    BTW, Heidi got it this afternoon and left it at 4:15 PM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,... Excellent photos!!

    Thanks for taking them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Matt and Lora. Matt, the pleasure was all mine. I wish I would have stayed around longer but I really wasn't feeling good.

    ReplyDelete