Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Snowstorm again!



I was stuck in Alpine during the last snowstorm and when I finally got down to the oasis I couldn't get up the big hill, Now I'm stuck in Alpine again,although it's just raining at the oasis so far. Yesterday no one was there to put out grapes for the thrush. This morning my sister couldn't make it up the big hill (too muddy), so she walked in to put out grapes. She's not a birder so I don't know if the bird is still there, but I presume it is. The sunflower seed feeder I made hadn't been breached by javelina so the thrush should have had access to seeds at least.

Meanwhile, I'm getting stir crazy here. I would have headed south if it wasn't for my dentist appointment in Odessa tomorrow, but you know where I'll be the day after.


4 comments:

  1. From Terri-
    Wow, what snow! I've been thinking about your tremendous commitment and determination to feed the thrush. It's quite inspiring.

    I've been away from reading blogs lately. Back sporadically now. Read more than I'm commenting. Really enjoy yours. Thanks for what you do and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words, Terri. Never a dull moment in my life. Must be karma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those Alpine snow pics the best ones i ve seen in the Blogs i follow about the Greater Big Bend Areas that i love, thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed them, Pablo. It's always hard to capture the real magic of an event like that.

    ReplyDelete