Click any photo to enlarge

Thursday, January 8, 2015

View from indoors

Cold outside but at least the wind stopped. Yesterday the wind raged as I was at the oasis unloading mulch and filling my feeders. Internet finally got restored there, but I had already left for Alpine when it happened.  It's unusual to see a Ladder-backed Woodpecker at the hummingbird feeders, but it does happen. I guess if they get desperate enough.





























There are probably very few species that don't have a sweet tooth if they're hungry enough. Here's a House Finch partaking.


Some days I see this selasphorus species of hummingbird in Alpine. Maybe it's a potential Allen's too. I keep trying to get photos of the spread tail feathers to tell, but haven't been able to so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment