Click any photo to enlarge

Monday, November 27, 2017

Pecan time

For the last several weeks we've been processing pecans. Hugh shells them and I clean them.


We have about 7 gallons done so far, but will end up with four times that much, at least, throughout the winter. Needs to be a 2 year supply in case the trees don't make fruit next year. I was really shocked when I saw one pound bags of unshelled pecans at the grocery store for $9.39. Seems outrageous. And we've been letting friends gather up pecans at our place for free.

                           

I haven't counted the trees but I guess there's at least 20 of them and they're big trees. I think Hugh planted them about 40 years or more ago. I'll try to remember to take a photo of some of them soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment