Click any photo to enlarge

Saturday, December 2, 2017

Still not well

After sitting around town for endless days I thought I was almost well, but when I got to CMO early this AM, the least little exertion left me unable to breathe. I guess I have bronchitis, so back to town to rest some more. Thank goodness so far none of my family has caught it.

Since it's December, I started my December butterfly list. Not many species. Here's a Mexican Yellow.


After the mulberry trees had their leaves stripped off by caterpillars, they grew new leaves sporadically. And along with the new leaves came mulberries. First time ever in fall or late fall.


Whenever I arrive at CMO I'm always struck by the quietude. Today was no exception. But shortly that quiet was shattered by the sound of gun blasts. When I investigated I found my new neighbor right outside my east gate blasting away. Nothing I could do but wait it out.



Eventually, quiet returned. Quiet is very important to me. It helps me recharge and stay charged. In town we've never had a house directly across the street from us, but still the neighborhood is stereo dog barking. Now the land across the street has sold and at least one new house is going to be built there. 

We're in drought conditions and a burn ban. Slight chance of rain next week. Sure hope we get some.


No comments:

Post a Comment