Click any photo to enlarge

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Dental disaster!

I knew I was abusing my body and probably too hard on my implants. They're not like natural teeth, but I treated them as if they were. So now my lower implants, that I endured so much pain and expense to get, are loose. They won't tighten themselves, and left loose it's a matter of time before they get infected. One was infected the other day. In desperation I put antibiotic ointment on it. I know you're not supposed to put that stuff inside your mouth, but I'm not sure why. It helped the infection but not a sustainable solution. Infected implants can lead to sepsis and death.

I have a dentist appointment in Odessa for Tuesday. I'm really bummed out about all the pain and expense that awaits me. And strong possibility that I'll end up with dentures. Lower dentures are miserable. A person can't stay very active and healthy on a diet of soft food in my opinion. I love hard crunchy stuff, like salads, nuts, popcorn, apples and such. So I have no choice but to try to go through the whole painful six month process again, if that's even an option.

The other day a friend put out some bread for the doves. Either the doves weren't hungry or didn't recognize the bread as food.


So far none of the Tree Tobacco seedlings I potted have wilted so I think they're going to make it. We're sure to get rain in a few days. That will be nice. The yuccas are blooming. I just have to stay strong and not let this dental stuff get me down. I've been through it so often before. Just had hoped all that was behind me. In order to get my upper implants they had to do bone grafts. That was over 30 years ago. I was able to take things like that more in stride in those days. Just took one day at a time. Hard for me to have that mindset these days. I'll try. Other than that, I'm doing quite well for my age.

3 comments:

  1. Lower dentures may not be miserable. My friend of 60 years has been happy with hers.
    I resisted, and now get my greens in a blender of kale, apple, and cucumber. Because I have so few molars Iget so bored trying to chew a salad, it takes me forever!
    I guess this is to say all is not lost. She's happy with a full denture set. I'm happy with the teeth remaining to me. And she eats everything with her full set, top and bottom. Corn on the cob.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for telling me what I was hoping to hear. I think they'll remove my implants, let the bone heal back in, then put the implants back in. So I'll probably be on a soft diet for 6 months, but even after that I'm going to be gentler on my implants so I won't ever have to go through the ordeal again.

      Delete
  2. Whichever way you go, you'll probably be able to eat!!! Which is, as we all know, a bit important,

    ReplyDelete