Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, December 28, 2018

Great oasis day!

Usually I go to the oasis with a list of chores to do. This trip was no exception. The weather wasn't inspiring me so I hung around the house until about 10 AM waiting for it to warm up. Then I headed down to the oasis to bite the bullet. A birding couple from Austin was there and I mentioned to them that I had work I wanted to get started on, although I was sure I wouldn't get it finished. The wonderful man, Dr. Williamson, a Urologist, offered to help and seemed so sincere that I took him up on his offer. I couldn't have had better help, for sure. He plumbed the lower dirt tank perfectly, just how I wanted it. I could never have done it myself. It was a two-person job. I'm still on a natural high to have that horrible task done.

Before
After
So instead of arriving in town exhausted, as usual, I arrived exhilarated! Never mind that a horrible winter storm is descending upon us. In a few days I'll be able to say the groundhog will be seeking his shadow in a month.

Since I have face blindness (prosopagnosia), I wanted a picture of my new friends-for-life so I can remember them easier.


2018 has stunned and overwhelmed me with the goodness of birders. Dr. Williamson also helped me remove that big prickly pear cactus that had to go in order to expand the parking area. His wife, Judi, cheerfully entertained herself watching birds. Love you guys!



2 comments:

  1. "The wonderful man, Dr. Williamson, a Urologist, offered to help and seemed so sincere that I took him up on his offer. I couldn't have had better help, for sure."
    ===

    Well I guess he does know a thing or two about plumbing

    ReplyDelete