Click any photo to enlarge

Friday, October 18, 2019

A bummer of a day

Really got stressed and bummed out today. Came to the oasis at daylight. My sister and her daughter were headed up the mountain because they heard dogs barking up there and wanted to see what was going on. They located the action. An Aoudad had been trapped by two dogs. They took this short video clip. I've spent three hours trying to figure out how to get it downloaded to here, and finally got it. She had it on her cell phone at her place and it needed to be on my Flickr to get it on the blog. Technology, can't live with it and can't live without it.

20191018_100401_001

If you can't get the video to play by clicking on it, here's a link to her Facebook page with it on.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2461550040548189&id=100000796524689

Then I was gung-ho to look for a Mary's Giant Skipper, so I braved the horrible 3 mile lake road again, walked for over an hour over treacherous terrain, all in vain. I'm not going to try again. I'll end up hurting myself or ruining a tire or something.

Got back to the oasis and felt lucky to get some good photos after much painful effort and contortion. Downloaded to my laptop, deleted from camera. You guessed it. They were somehow corrupted and wouldn't open. So maddening!

Here are a couple photos I took on the lake road earlier today. They downloaded fine when I got home.

Woolly Paintbrush

Living Rock Cactus

Broomweed

No comments:

Post a Comment